6 Ways to Use Our Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Posted by Simple Girl on September 04, 2018
Simple Girl's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is the newest addition to our popular line of products. Many of our customers swear by apple cider vinegar and its numerous uses. While the ACV you buy in the grocery store is generally filtered and pasteurized, our organic version contains "the mother," which means that the beneficial bacteria hasn't been filtered out and pasteurized away. The "mother" is rich in proteins, enzymes, and pectin, and these make organic ACV more effective for treating a range of conditions.
While we wouldn't call our Organic Apple Cider Vinegar a miracle, exactly, there's a whole lot you can do with it to make your life better. Here are just six of the myriad ways to use Simple Girl Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Soothe a sore throat. Germs that cause a sore throat can't survive in the acidic coating ACV leaves on your throat. When your throat feels raw, add a tablespoon of ACV and a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water. Stir it up well, and gargle with it several times a day as needed. You can also make an elixir using ¼ cup of ACV combined ¼ cup of honey. Take one tablespoon of the mixture every four hours for relief.
- Put an end to heartburn. For people who lack enough stomach acid, acid reflux can be a persistent, painful problem. Apple cider vinegar introduces more acid into the digestive tract to help balance the pH of your stomach by neutralizing stomach acids that contribute to acid reflux. It also acts as an anti-microbial agent and is effective for use against some types of harmful gut bacteria. Using ACV for heartburn doesn't work for everyone, but if it works for you, it's a safe and effective way to end your discomfort. To try this remedy, add up to a tablespoon of ACV to eight ounces of water, and drink it down. Rinse your mouth out afterwards to remove traces from your teeth to protect your enamel against the acetic acid in the ACV. Your heartburn should feel better within a few minutes.
- Add sleek shine to your hair. An apple cider vinegar rinse can restore silky shine to your hair. The acidity of ACV helps to balance the pH of your scalp and reduce the harmful effects of shampoo. It also helps to detangle your hair, and it promotes closing of the cuticle, which makes your hair reflect light better, hence shinier locks. To try this shine-promoting tonic, simply mix equal parts of water and ACV together and pour it over your hair after shampooing. Massage it in, and let it sit for a few minutes while you shave or scrub. Rinse your hair thoroughly. If you don't want traces of the smell on your hair — which are only very slight once your hair dries — follow up the ACV treatment with conditioner.
- Clean the house. The balanced pH of ACV and its inherent anti-bacterial properties make it an excellent, non-toxic household cleaning product. Fill a spray bottle with equal parts ACV and water, and use it as you would any other spray cleaner. From windows and walls to countertops and shower tiles, ACV gets rid of tough dirt, bacteria, and grime.
- Ward off body odor. ACV makes a great natural deodorant, thanks to its pH balancing properties. Dab some ACV onto a cotton ball, and run it over your armpits to kill yeast and bacteria and neutralize odors for all-day freshness.
- Make it into a healthy drink. You can safely consume up to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar each day for a wide range of health benefits, including better immunity, allergy relief, reduced blood pressure, and balanced blood sugar. But many people don't enjoy the taste of ACV, so they simply add it to their favorite drinks. For a deliciously tart and tangy concoction you'll actually enjoy, quarter two cups of strawberries, and cover them with ½ cup of Simple Girl Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. Mash it all together, cover it, and let it sit at room temperature for 24 hours. Strain the strawberries, saving the juice and discarding the solids. Line the bottom of a glass with a few mint leaves, and add a strawberry. Mash these together with a wooden spoon, add some ice, and pour in two tablespoons of the vinegar mixture. Top off the glass with seltzer water, and enjoy.
You can't go wrong with apple cider vinegar, which is a healthy, natural remedy and a delicious addition to your favorite salads and soups. What are your favorite uses for ACV? Review this product and let us know how you use it!