Dry Bouillon Based Roasted Tomato Soup
Submitted by @cleaneating_sassy
- 3-4 Roma tomato cut in half
- ¼ red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ red bell pepper
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tsp Simple Girl Dry Bouillon Base
- Drizzle olive oil all over veggies, place on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at 350°F for 30-45 minutes until the tomatoes start releasing their juices, the garlic is brown, the bell peppers are soft, and the soup has some color.
- Using a blender of some sort, add in 1 cup of hot water and 1 tsp Simple Girl Dry Bouillon Base. Blend until the powder dissolves.
- Add in roasted red onion, garlic, carrots, and red bell pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Add tomatoes and pulse to keep some texture or blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. If it's too thick you can certainly add a splash more water.
- Optional: Add Simple Girl Steak Seasoning for an extra kick.