Posted by Simple Girl on 10th Jul 2018
"They" say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and "they" are right. The benefits of eating breakfast are many and include better weight control, improved mental performance, lower cholesterol, and more endurance when you hit the gym later on in the day.
Now, by "breakfast," of course, we don't mean a cream-filled doughnut or a bowl of Cocoa Puffs. We mean good, solid, healthy food that will fuel your mind and body and keep you going like a well-oiled mo-chine until lunchtime.
These are 10 quick, healthy breakfasts that would meet the approval of your doc and will wake up your taste buds along with your mind.
1. Veggie omelet. Pack that baby with life-enhancing veggies: tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, zucchini, you name it. To spice it up Simple Girl style, serve it up with our deliciously spicy and ever-so-slightly sweet and wonderfully sugar-free Simple Girl Hot Sauce.
2. Oatmeal with berries. When berries are in season, cook up a batch of oatmeal, add a little milk, and top with fresh blueberries, raspberries, or strawberry slices.
3. Fruit smoothie. Don't underestimate the power of a fruit smoothie to get you going in the morning. Start with a banana, pour in some milk, and add the fruit of your choice. Frozen mixed berries work great but you can go with peaches, mangoes, papaya, or any other fruit you love.
4. Avocado English muffin. Avocados contain healthy fat that's essential for good health and a healthy weight. Slice or smash the avocado and pile it on a whole-grain English muffin for a delicious, healthy breakfast. Add a slice of tomato for a little extra oomph!
5. Yogurt berry parfait. Create colorful layers using your favorite yogurt interspersed with berries and roasted almonds for a sweet, crunchy, and super-healthy way to start your day. This delicious breakfast contains a little protein, a little healthy fat, and a lot of flavor.
6. Yogurt, grapes, and granola. Pour yourself a bowl of healthy, crunchy granola. Top it off with a few dollops of your favorite yogurt, and sprinkle halved grapes over the top for a delicious, wholesome start to your day.
7. Whole-grain blueberry muffin. Blueberries are an incredible superfood packed with antioxidants and are deliciously sweet. Of course, you can’t go buy a box of mini muffins (lol). Instead, make a batch of whole-grain muffins for the week (hello Pinterest) and mix in plenty of blueberries – frozen or fresh – for a delicious, sweet breakfast.
8. Cheese, fruit, and nuts. Get a dose of protein along with a bit of healthy fat and fresh fruit with a cheese, fruit and nut plate. Any cheese, any fruit, and any nuts will do.
9. Egg muffin. Toast a whole-grain English muffin to perfection and top it off with a slice of Swiss, provolone, or cheddar cheese. Fry up an egg or scramble one up and slide it on top of the muffin. Spice it up with a bit of Simple Girl sugar-free, all-natural Hot Sauce to kick start your taste buds.
10. Breakfast burrito. Slice up some peppers, onions, and mushrooms and sauté them until they're a little soft. Crack a couple of eggs in the pan and scramble 'em up 'til they're soft and fluffy. Scoop the savory mixture into a whole-grain burrito shell, add a dash of sugar-free, all-natural Simple Girl Hot Sauce and enjoy.
A huge body of research shows that moving your body is your best defense against weight gain, a host of diseases, and the ravages of aging. If you think you need a gym membership or an aerobics class to get in your required cardio, think again. As it turns out, walking is one of the best exercises for staying fit.Walking [...]
We at Simple Girl get very excited about seasonings, spices, dressings, and sauces, especially when they pack a punch of flavor without harmful additives like sugar and other chemicals. We’re here to offer healthier alternatives to the sugary selections at the grocery store, which can cause problems for people with sensitivities as well as ruin a weight-loss plan.Salad DressingsSalad dressing usually [...]
It's not easy striving for perfection, and in fact, it's downright distressing, because the fact is, we're all eternally flawed, and nothing is perfect, no matter how hard we try to make it otherwise. When we succumb to our perfectionist tendencies, the result is negative self-talk and black-and-white thinking — I can't do anything right, I'm a failure — and [...]
Imagine hanging a blank canvas on your wall…pretty dull and boring, right? But slap some paint on that blank canvas, and voila! You've got a work of art to enjoy. The same thing goes with food and spices. Without spices, just about anything you cook up is going to be slightly less-than-satisfying.Spices serve a number of purposes in our food. [...]
Every once in a while, we need a boost, whether it's a shot of confidence before asking for a raise or a bump of personal power before a presentation. Stretches are a great way to flood yourself with energy and confidence. With just a few small adjustments, you can stretch out muscle groups in the chest, allowing more oxygen [...]
Added sugar is the devil when it comes to your health, especially if you're trying to lose weight. With sugar being added to nearly everything you find pre-packaged on the grocery store shelves, it's a wonder you can find anything to eat that doesn't contain it.Eating food that you prepare at home from whole ingredients is almost always far [...]
Flying into the air with the greatest of ease on a trampoline is fun and exhilarating, but it's also really, really good for you. Trampolines provide the rare opportunity to engage in rebounding exercises, during which you experience a feeling of weightlessness at the top of the jump before you come crashing town with a gravitational force of 4Gs. [...]
Apple cider vinegar has numerous health, beauty, and household uses, and you'll be happy to know that Simple Girl now offers our own version of apple cider vinegar. Since many of our readers already swear by this pungent concoction, we figured we would offer our own high-quality version that you can buy when you stock up on your Simple [...]
Veganism is a healthy way to eat. A growing body of research shows that a low-carb, low-sugar, plant-based diet reduces your risk of a large number of devastating diseases and conditions. It's also better for the environment.But going vegan can be expensive if you let it. If you're on a budget but want to try a vegan lifestyle — [...]