Low Carb Citrus Ginger Salad Recipe
Low Carb Citrus Ginger Salad
Submitted by @lowcarberista
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breast
- Butter for cooking chicken
- ½ cup Simple Girl Organic Citrus Ginger Marinade
- 1 small head of Napa Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp Blanched Slivered Almonds
- Half of a thinly sliced Red Bell Pepper
- ½ cup cucumbers, sliced
- 2 green Onions (also called Spring Onions), thinly sliced
- Few sprigs of Cilantro
- 2 Lime wedges
- ¼ tsp Simple Girl Sweet & Hot Louisiana Seasoning or Simple Girl Steak Seasoning
- Marinade chicken in ¼ cup of Simple Girl Organic Citrus Ginger Dressing/Marinade for 30 minutes.
- In small skillet toast the almonds over medium heat.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the butter to the same skillet and melt over medium heat then sauté chicken until no longer pink in the middle then set aside to let cool.
- Discard the Marinade that the chicken was in. Once cool cut chicken into strips.
- Dress both lettuces, red bell peppers & cucumbers with the remaining ¼ cup of dressing/marinade.
- Top salad with almonds, Cilantro, seasoning & green onions.
- Squeeze lime on top.