Sugar-Free BBQ Baked Tofu Veggie Salad Recipe
Baked Sugar-Free BBQ Tofu Veggie Salad
Submitted by @allroadsleadtohealthy
- 8 oz spinach or spring mix
- 1 sweet potato, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, separated
- 14 oz block of firm tofu, pressed and cut into pieces about ½-inch thick and 1-inch long
- 1 bundle of Brussels sprouts (about 2-3 cups), bottoms removed and halved
- ½ cup cooked sweet corn kernels
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ½ tsp sea salt, separated
- ½ tsp black pepper, separated
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp chili powder
- 1 cup Simple Girl Sugar-Free Organic Carolina Kick BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- ¼ tsp dried cilantro
- ¼ tsp lime juice
- Marinate your tofu in the Simple Girl Organic Carolina Kick BBQ sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss your sweet potato pieces with 1 tbsp avocado oil, ¼ tsp sea salt, ¼ tsp pepper, the garlic powder, and the chili powder. Spread on baking sheet.
- Toss your Brussels Sprouts with 1 tbsp avocado oil, ¼ tsp sea salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Spread on a baking sheet.
- Place your marinated tofu on a greased (or parchment-lined) baking sheet, and top each with a little of the extra BBQ sauce. Save extra BBQ sauce (there should be a decent amount).
- Bake the sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, and tofu in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tofu and sweet potato, and continue to cook the Brussels for an additional 5-10 minutes until slightly browned and softened.
- In a bowl, mix together, ½ cup of the remaining BBQ sauce, Greek yogurt, cilantro, and lime juice to create the dressing.
- Either mix together the spring mix, sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, corn, tomatoes, and avocado in a large bowl, or split each evenly between 4 serving bowls.
- Top with tofu, and drizzle on the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!