6 Quick & Healthy Uses for BBQ Sauce and Hot Sauce During Diets
Posted by Simple Girl on August 07, 2018
A restricted diet can really take a toll on your mood if you feel deprived of flavorful food. We all know that sauces usually add a lot of added sugar and calories to our diet, but life without sauces is a dull life indeed. That's why Simple Girl offers sauces and dressings are not only bursting with flavor but are low in calorie and sans sugar.
Stock your fridge with a bottle of each and you won't feel like you're missing out. For some truly delicious and diet-friendly recipes using our sauces, visit our recipe page. Meanwhile, here are some quick 'n' easy ways to use our sugar-free, Organic Carolina Kick BBQ Sauce, Organic Southern Blend BBQ Sauce, Hot Sauce, our low-sugar Sweet N’ Spicy BBQ Sauce and Organic Country Sweet BBQ Sauce to add some zest and zing to your dieting days.
- Make a BBQ Burrito. It goes without saying that burritos are the perfect vehicle for hot sauce but if you're looking for a little more tang in your taste buds and sass in your snack, consider slathering a bit of our BBQ sauce over that wrapped-up beauty. A breakfast burrito with eggs and veggies or a dinner burrito with chicken and veggies will benefit greatly from a bit of either one of our two delicious low-sugar BBQ sauces.
- Dip 'n' Dine. Tired of the same-old, same-old when it comes to snacks? Dress up your between-meal vittles with a little bowl of our low-sugar Sweet N’ Spicy BBQ Sauce for your dipping pleasure. Cut up some green, red, or yellow peppers and a couple of carrots, or slice up a little leftover chicken, beef, or pork and dip away without guilt.
- Spice Up Your Soup. Soup is delicious and wholesome, but it can sometimes leave a little to be desired on the flavor front. If you like things spicy, don't be afraid to spike your soup with a generous drizzle of our hot sauce. Any kind of soup is game, but we particularly think our hot sauce is delicious in potato soup, chili, vegetable soup, and tortilla soup.
- Whip Up Some Spicy Popcorn. Popcorn has very few calories and it's positively delicious. Next time you're hankering for a snack bursting with flavor, pop up a big bowl of poppin' corn and drizzle it with a few shakes of our hot sauce – a perfect pick-me-up for your afternoon slump.
- Concoct a BBQ Snack Pizza. Make a delicious, healthy snack with a whole-grain pita. Toast it in the oven and top it with a mixture of black beans and veggies tossed with a couple of tablespoons of our stevia-sweetened, low-sugar, Organic Country Sweet BBQ Sauce, Organic Southern Blend BBQ Sauce or Organic Carolina Kick BBQ Sauce. If you want to add an extra kick, add a couple of dashes of Simple Girl Hot Sauce.
- Spice Up a Mess of Eggs. Eggs are packed with protein and are low in calories, but they can seem a little bland, especially if you're in the mood for flavor! Next time you want a healthy breakfast or a little snack, add a couple (or more) dashes of hot sauce to your raw egg and cook it as usual. The infused tanginess and pleasing spiciness will wake up your taste buds and satisfy your flavor craving.
If you don't know which delicious, organic, sugar-free or low-sugar sauce to try first, consider opting for our Deluxe Gift Set, which includes BBQ sauces, healthy dressings, and seasonings that'll keep your food infused with flavor during your diet.