Plant-Based Glow Bowl Recipe
Learning to create delicious and flavorful recipes made of healthy, fresh, and natural foods that contain nutrients needed to help you achieve and exceed your health goals should not be intimidating. By pairing different foods and trying new recipes, you will learn which foods complement each other while being inspired to continue eating clean. Simple Girl strives to provide creative and versatile recipes that will motivate individuals to continue to become their best.
We don't know about you, but here at Simple Girl, we LOVE bowl recipes. Whether you like sweet or savory, there are endless bowl variations that will stimulate your taste buds! This Plant-Based Glow Bowl Recipe (submitted by @theglowingfridge) includes ingredients full of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that ward off illnesses and diseases, improve skin health and aid in the aging process, boost your immune system functions, help with stress and anxiety, flush out toxins, and more! Beautiful, simple, and mouthwatering, the Glow Bowl Recipe is ideal for those who enjoy eating visually pleasing, delicious, guilt-free meals.
- High in Vitamin B6, sweet potatoes help reduce the chemical homocysteine in our bodies which has been linked to diseases such as heart attacks.
- Great sources of Vitamin C which not only fights off cold and flu viruses but also helps form bones and teeth, digestion, and blood cells. By adding sweet potatoes to your diet, you can speed up the healing process, get rid of unwanted stress, and maintain collagen!
- Full of Vitamin D which is critical for the immune system, vitamin D in sweet potatoes helps build healthy bones, teeth, nerves, skin, heart nerves while supporting the thyroid gland.
- Contain iron which supports a healthy immune system functioning, alleviates stress, metabolizes protein, and helps produce red and white blood cells.
- Good sources of magnesium which is a relaxing and anti-stress mineral! Necessary for healthy working arteries, blood flow, bone and heart strength, and nerve function, sweet potatoes help digestion and energy while relieving muscle aches, spasms, migraines, and more!
- Loaded with fiber which contributes to reduced blood sugar spikes, weight loss, and lowers the risk of diseases. Fiber feeds friendly bacteria in your intestine and helps the overall function our your body.
- A great source of lutein which is a carotenoid that is an antioxidant that protects against eye disease while helping your body absorb more of these nutrients from other foods.
- Avocados contain soluble and insoluble fiber which help people lose weight by breaking down carbs slowly which results in a longer-lasting "full" feeling and is needed to maintain your digestive system.
- Full of beneficial monounsaturated fat, Avocados help stabilize your blood sugar and can even reverse insulin resistance meaning normalized, long-term blood sugar!
- Omega-9 in avocados assist in improving skin tone and moisture levels leaving your skin feeling soft and healthy. They can also reduce skin irritation, repair damaged cells, help control acne, protect you from signs of aging, and guard you against sun exposure.
- Cucumbers are 96% water which means they keep you hydrated and compensate for lack of H2O.
- They flush out the toxins in your body and can dissolve kidney stones with prolonged use. Include vitamins A, B, and C which enhance energy levels and boost immunity.
- Cucumber contains a compound called sterols that help reduce bad cholesterol.
- Cucumber relieves inside and outside heat. By adding cucumber to your diet, you will be relieved from heartburn can also use it on your skin to alleviate sunburn and itchy skin.
- Red cabbage has been found to be a protectant against Alzheimer's Disease. The anthocyanins in red cabbage reduce the build-up of plaque in your brain resulting in a lower risk of cognitive diseases.
- Contains large amounts of glutamine, an amino acid that reduces inflammation and pain associated with ulcers in the gastrointestinal system.
- Red cabbage is a good source of Vitamin A which helps in eye health and prevents macular degeneration and cataract formation while maintaining healthy eyes as you get older.
- Low in calories but high in dietary fiber, red cabbage leaves you feeling full and takes care of your nutritional needs without making you feel you need to eat more. Add red cabbage to your diet if you want to lose weight, maintain a regimen, or improve your caloric intake.
- Full of antioxidants, red cabbage can help keep your skin tight, flexible, and fresh while reducing age spots and wrinkles. The vitamin A in red cabbage can be useful in the regrowth of skin cells, maintain the elasticity of skin, and provide sun damage protection.
Plant Based Glow Bowl
2 cups leafy greens
¼ cup shredded red cabbage
1 baked sweet potato
½ cup tempeh, crumbled
6-7 slices English cucumber
½ avocado, cubed
1 Tbsp hemp hearts
Drizzle of Simple Girl Organic Citrus Ginger Dressing
- Toss well
- Serve & enjoy!