Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to take the fun out of food! By pairing healthy fats like avocado and baked chicken with nutritious veggies such as spinach, tomatoes, and cucumber, you can add a dash of bacon and bbq sauce, and voila, you have yourself a drool-worthy meal! Yes, you read that right, we said you can add bacon...if you want to! :) In the spirit of treating ourselves to delicious, complementary foods, the Simple Girl team wanted to share a couple of our favorite meat & veggie combos to inspire and help you look forward to your next meals! Keep reading to learn about our faves and if you try our Sugar-Free BBQ Chicken Salad with Fat-Free Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe, let us know what you think by posting a picture of your food on Instagram and tagging @simplegirlsite!
- Chicken soba bowls with shiitake mushrooms, broccoli & basil leaves
- Cobb club with grilled chicken, bacon, avocado, tomato, romaine & a hard-boiled egg
- Beef kabobs with onions, broccoli, red pepper and mushrooms
- Stuffed bell peppers with corn, mushrooms, celery and lean ground beef
- Steak taco salad with black bean & corn salsa, cherry tomatoes, and green onion
- Whole grain penne pasta with spinach and bacon
- Baked salmon marinated in Organic Sweet Mustard Salad Dressing and lemon-garlic broccolini
Sugar-Free BBQ Chicken Salad with Fat-Free Balsamic Vinaigrette
(submitted by @caryntonesitup)
- Boneless/skinless chicken
- Spinach, a few handfuls
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- ½ avocado
- Bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ to ½ cucumber, diced
- Grass-fed feta cheese
- Simple Girl Organic Carolina Style BBQ Sauce
- Simple Girl Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Season boneless skinless chicken with salt & pepper.
- Marinate in Simple Girl Organic Carolina Style BBQ sauce.
- Bake chicken at 350°F for 25 minutes, depends on thickness.
- Boil an egg.
- Prepare bacon.
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half.
- Dice ¼ to ½ cucumber.
- Combine chicken with spinach, egg, bacon, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Drizzle salad with Simple Girl Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette.