Posted by Simple Girl on 19th Sep 2017
Real-life junk mail has long been a scourge on humanity, but at least it's easy to keep it under control: When it arrives, you just toss it in the recycling bin, unopened, never to think about it again. But junk mail is somehow different when it comes to your email inbox. It has a way of adding up and adding up, and soon you're looking at a thousand unread emails in your box. If you're like most of us, you put up with it until you have a big chunk of time and can work up the motivation to go through and delete everything you don't need.
A better strategy is to prevent your inbox from overflowing to begin with, and here are six proven ways to do just that.
1. Set a weekly date to clean out your inbox. Getting rid of junk mail is much easier when you only have a handful of messages to delete instead of hundreds. Each week, take ten minutes to clean up your inbox. Even better, delete unwanted messages each day, which should take less than two minutes.
2. Unsubscribe. Many junk emails have fine print at the bottom that provides a link for unsubscribing. Click on the link and follow the directions. Ideally, you won't get any more emails from the offending sender.
3. Set up a special junk email account. Some websites require that you enter your email to proceed to wherever you're going. That's because they want to send you lots and lots of advertisements, newsletters, and other mail. Set up a special Yahoo! or Gmail account just to use for this purpose. You can let it fester forever, since you don't even need to check it, knowing that it's all junk. This will help keep your main email account free of unwanted messages.
4. Use the provided tools. Whether you use Yahoo!, Gmail, Outlook, or another provider, check out the tools they offer. You may be able to do things like automatically delete emails from a particular sender, archive emails you no longer need but don't want to delete, or create filters so that junk emails are easily identifiable.
5. Use the search feature. When your inbox is chock full and you don't want to delete them one by one, use the search tool to find multiple messages from one sender, which you can then delete in bulk.
6. Use an app. Apps like unroll.me (https://unroll.me/) can help keep your inbox clean as a whistle. When you sign up for this free service, they'll evaluate your inbox and provide you with a list of all of your subscriptions. You can unsubscribe from the ones you don't want right then and there, and bundle the ones you do want. Once you bundle them, you'll get one "Daily Rollup" email that contains all of the newsletters you might want to look at.
You don't have to be a slave to your inbox or let it stress you out if you stay on top of your email volume each day or on a weekly basis and use the tools at your disposal to make fast, easy work of clearing out unwanted messages. Taking the time to set up your inbox and explore the tools at your disposal can save you a lot of time — and annoyance — later on.
A vegan diet doesn't have to be dull, especially if you get creative with condiments. Since it can be tough to decipher the ingredients of most store-bought condiments, we like to make our own from scratch. Not only can we guarantee there are no animal products or by-products in our condiments, but we can also go easy on the [...]
Canker sores are a miserable drag, taking the joy out of eating and making you wonder how something so very tiny can be so very painful. While it's not known what exactly causes canker sores, stress, genetics, and a malfunctioning immune system may contribute to their development, and people who have braces may be more susceptible to getting them.Happily, there [...]
Sugar is the devil. We all know it, even if we don't know it know it. Mom's been telling us since we were kids that eating candy makes us fat, and sugar rots our teeth. Nowadays, it's hard to throw a rock at a medical journal and not hit yet another study about the negative effects of eating too [...]
Lower back pain is a very common complaint, and it can strike anyone of any age. Pain in your lower back has a number of causes, including irritated nerves, strained muscles, damaged bones, ligaments, or joints, and degenerative or herniated discs. While medical attention is required in some cases of lower back pain, many other cases can be effectively [...]
All hail the slow cooker, that time-saving, savory dinner-making wonder of the modern world. It's like having a live-in cook, only a whole lot less expensive. If you plan your week around crockpot meals and prep everything ahead of time, you'll have the most painless dinners ever, and if you take the leftovers for lunch, you'll improve your health while [...]
Beauty is a billion-dollar industry that's expected to reach $265 billion in revenue in 2017. Products on the market range from the ultra-cheap budget items that you really should put anywhere close to your skin to the super-expensive specialty stuff that can cost as much as a month's worth of groceries.The good news is that you can be beautiful [...]
Whether you're cutting down on added sugar or want to be sure your spices are filler- and chemical-free, Simple Girl's got you covered on the seasoning front. Our line of all-natural seasonings are sugar-, gluten-, oil-, and preservative-free, 100% vegan, diabetic friendly, and fiendishly flavorful.Seasonings can really spice up an otherwise bland diet if your choices are restricted, and ours [...]
Sugar may be sweet and delicious, but it may also contribute to an early demise. A huge body of research has found that sugar–particularly added and refined sugar–contributes to a large number of chronic health problems. It leads to premature aging of the skin and compromises your immune system.If you're ready to say sayonara to poor health due [...]
Let's face it: The energy required to even think about making dinner every night is more than most of us really want to expend at the end of a long day. And if you're anything like the rest of us, once you finally settle on something that doesn't sound too time-consuming, you still have to go to the grocery [...]